2019 ARGUS University Challenge Begins!
Announcing the launch of the 2019 ARGUS University Challenge! This year 47 universities with 79 teams in total are participating. The challenge gives students a unique opportunity to compete for cash prizes by applying their real estate knowledge and ARGUS skills in a case study on a fictitious real estate investment scenario.
This year’s challenge, “The Marvelous Return Home”, is a real estate investment scenario based on a superhero-filled world where people are moving back to small towns for a simpler way of life. The teams will take on an investment potential of a multi-story, mixed-use structure in the middle of town and make a case for the best investment scenario leveraging the results from ARGUS models.
All submission are due by Monday, March 25, 2019, and winners of the challenge will be announced April 8, 2019. The teams will be competing for cash prizes totaling $25,000 and free admission to ARGUS Connect 2019 which will be held April 29 – May 1, 2019 at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel, California.
We are thrilled to have such a high level of competition in this year’s challenge, and we bid all teams the best of luck! Thank you to the author of the case study, Bruce Kellogg.
Be sure to check out 2019 ARGUS University Challenge website to see who this year’s top winners will be.
79 teams are participating in this challenge. Each school is listed below.
About the Author:
Bruce Kellogg, MAI, FRICS
Current & Past Positions
Currently serving a Managing Director of BK Consulting, LLC, responsible for developing business and establishing client relationships worldwide. Bruce has over 40 years of experience in the valuation profession, serving the real estate and related software industry. He’s an influential, collaborative relationship developer, and a visionary on a national and international scale. He has served such prominent firms as Seaman’s Bank for Savings and Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co. (both now Chase Bank) and Bankers Trust Co. (now Deutsche Bank) in New York City, CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, ARGUS Software, BBG and MG Valuation prior to his current position.
He has areas of expertise based on his background, when he led, managed and has been on the boards of numerous real estate and software associations; generated new business through industry contacts and solid, long-standing client relationships; managed staff, quality control, standards and sales to improve profitability; and served as Editor-in-Chief of Real Estate Outlook, an international research publication.
- Arizona State University (USA)
- Boston University (USA)
- Bucknell University (USA)
- CA StatePolytechnic University (USA)
- California Polytechnic State University (USA)
- Coastal Carolina University (USA)
- College of Charleston (USA)
- Columbia University (USA)
- Cornell University (USA)
- Elon University (USA)
- Emory University (USA)
- Florida International University (USA)
- George Washington University (USA)
- Georgetown, SCS MPRE (USA)
- Georgia State University (USA)
- Harvard University (USA)
- IESE Business School (Spain)
- IESEG School of Management (France)
- IUPUI – Kelly School of Business – Indiana University (USA)
- John Hopkins University – Carey Business School (USA)
- Monmouth University (USA)
- New York University (USA)
- Nova Southeastern University (USA)
- Rice University (USA)
- Temple University (USA)
- Texas A&M University (USA)
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business (USA)
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- UC Berkeley (USA)
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School (USA)
- University of California (USA)
- University of Connecticut (USA)
- University of Illinois (USA)
- University of Massachusetts (USA)
- University of Melbourne (Australia)
- University of Michigan (USA)
- University of Mississippi (USA)
- University of North Texas (USA)
- University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- University of Reading – Henley Business School (UK)
- University of San Diego (USA)
- University of South Carolina (USA)
- University of St. Thomas (USA)
- University of Washington Seattle (USA)
- University of Wisconsin (USA)
- VA Tech University (USA)
- Vanderbilt University (USA)
- Western Washington University (USA)