Canada: We’ve got you covered during the 2020 pandemic
Canada: We’ve got you covered during the 2020 pandemic
Supporting your business needs, every step of the way.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we’ve quickly implemented work practices and enhanced infrastructure to support all of our clients’ needs during this uncertain time.
Our priority is to ensure we continue to serve and support your business needs in a seamless, secure and efficient manner. The infrastructure and work practices we have in place allows for flexibility and for our teams to work with you remotely. We’ve continued to use facilities such as web conferencing, screen sharing, file sharing and live chat the provide the best service we can, without interruption.
Click below to see how you can continue to get the business support you need and fully benefit from our Canadian data and advisory services during this critical time.
We continue to monitor the response of all levels of Government across Canada to keep the industry informed of additional deferral programs and any developing rebate or abatement programs. Property tax is the largest single operating expense that can be managed to mitigate risk and provide financial relief during this challenging time.
- We’ve provided a frequently updated Property Tax Municipal and Provincial Response for all major cities in all provinces.
- We’ve summarized the status of deferral programs for each of the 11 major Canadian cities covered in our annual Canadian Property Tax Rate Benchmark Report.
- Be informed of resources available to you with our property tax relief FAQs, exploring potential tax relief programs including tax abatement, deferrals, and vacant space relief.
- In these unprecedented circumstances, you may have property tax questions outside of your regular responsibilities. Our team continues to be available for support and additional information.
Cost & Project Management
We are continuing to proactively contact our clients and stakeholders in relation to site activities and site visits to determine appropriate contingency plans.
- Across Canada, in provinces where construction sites are still open (i.e. outside of Quebec & Ontario), many have implemented new health and safety measures in response to COVID-19, but we are definitely seeing reduced labour on-site. We have made the decision to suspend site visits to protect the health of our employees and their families, pending further guidance from the Ministry of Labour or relevant governing authorities.
- We have been in communication with our Developer and Lender clients and, where possible, are implementing virtual site visits, which will include issuing our latest site visit photographs and progress reports as well as calls with the site team to discuss progress and approve progress billings. In provinces where construction sites have fully shut down, this policy will then be further reviewed and updated accordingly.
- We plan to continue issuing monthly reporting to Lenders and stakeholders in accordance with the terms of engagements. We will report on project risk and risk mitigation measures for our clients, notwithstanding all documentation may not be in place.
- To help you navigate uncertainty during this time, we have prepared answers to critical development-related questions at the links below:
We are here to help you navigate through the market impacted by COVID-19, and are committed to providing you the support necessary for informed decision-making throughout this time of change and uncertainty.
- We have implemented precautionary measures to ensure our researchers and their families remain safe. The processes and data governance we have in place to collect, verify and provide market data and insight are working seamlessly and efficiently.
- There has been no interruption to our residential, commercial and development application data collection. Our clients and data contributors have continued to submit their information electronically to our data dispatch and research teams.
- We continue to be in regular communication with our clients and stakeholders to verify the incoming information and to add market insight to our records.
- Visit our data insights page to get the latest updates from Data Solutions on potential market impacts and other industry news.
Research, Valuation & Advisory
In this changing environment, we are regularly meeting with our experts and stakeholders to ensure our valuation practices are aligning with the evolving market conditions.
- We continue to proactively communicate with clients and stakeholders in relation to site inspections to determine appropriate contingency plans.
- Taking advantage of our collaborative client technologies like ARGUS Cloud for streamlining your workflow from anywhere, and DataExchange for managing asset portfolio valuations.
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we remain dedicated to providing our highest level of service to you. Our focus is to balance business continuity planning while taking care of the health and well-being of our clients, staff and their families.
- We continue to serve our clients from all 13 locations across Canada. However, the vast majority of our office staff will be working from home and our offices will be closed to the public. The remaining essential staff working out of our offices are following appropriate safety and health protocols, and have been issued clear instructions on self-isolation and health risk management should it be required.
- Our staff will continue to work on client sites where that is agreed, and will adhere to client guidelines as required. Site visits to monitor progress and review health and safety will continue in line with Altus Geomatics guidelines and protocols agreed to with our clients.
- We continue to monitor the situation closely and are following the latest guidance from local, provincial and federal health authorities, including the Public Health Agency of Canada. This ensures that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations.
- Should you have any questions, please contact us via phone or email. Our managers and executives are available to you at all times to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your current project or workload.
Questions or concerns?
We are here to provide practical advice to our clients by answering frequently asked questions. We will continue to provide updates on our resource page as the situation evolves. Get in touch with us at any time if you have any questions or concerns.