Physical asset management
Physical asset management
Make informed investment, development and operation decisions
Before you make these decisions, you need to understand how much it will cost to keep an asset in the long run.
That’s why it’s important to understand the current state of facilities and their maintenance practices – when they are tactically improved on a continuous basis it lengthens their useful life, maintaining their long-term value.
Get technical and financial guidance driven by real-world data, to help you:
- Determine an asset’s current physical condition
- Develop best practices for site operations
- Implement appropriate systems
Support informed decisions and mitigate risk with physical due diligence when acquiring a building or portfolio
Determine if it’s the right asset for you, and ultimately negotiate optimal purchase and lending conditions through:
- Reliable assessments of the physical condition of the building
- Risk analysis for greenfield projects at bid stage
- Operations, maintenance and capital estimates for the asset(s) life cycle
A great building starts with well-managed agreements
Monitor changes against the contract, and prepare for user occupancy, with:
- Thorough reviews of every change order to reduce avoidable schedule delays and cost overruns with a
- Detailed capital expenditure plans that help you plan for long-term maintenance costs
- Deliberate approach to the transition to occupancy planning
Manage your facility or portfolio using industry best practices
Optimize building performance, increasing efficiency and morale by ensuring your operating staff know what to do and when to do it. This helps you:
- Troubleshoot the root causes of incident failures to minimize disruption to end-users
- Audit energy efficiencies and plan building retrofits that effectively reduce energy costs over a short payback period
- Make informed decisions on the best approach to facility management practices
- Adhere to sustainability principles by properly assessing your building’s energy efficiencies
Stabilize your assets or justify the decision to sell or redevelop
Pre-sale physical due diligence ensures you get the most out of your building or portfolio with:
- Detailed analysis of operating, maintenance and replacement costs
- Reliable assessment of the physical condition of the building
- Measured evaluation of the potential risks of the site, the physical asset, its equipment and associated practices and processes
- Strategic advice on the long-term planning for renewals and upgrades to the asset or equipment
Cost estimating & pro formas
Set realistic budget and development scenario expectations and maintain them.
Minimize risk and enhance control measures on infrastructure projects with impartial expert advice.
Reduce project risks and construction costs with sound procurement, contract and dispute resolution strategies.
Keep decision makers informed with insights and data from experienced development consultants.
Project & loan monitoring
Get peace of mind with accurate reporting on construction progress and cash flow from an independent project monitor.
Contact a qualified expert
Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals brings a wealth of industry experience and unparalleled data-driven insights, providing the clarity you need to make informed decisions.
Need help with more services?
Connect with us and learn how we can help you see opportunities and maximize the value of your investments.
Litigation support & appraisals
Take the complexity out of the appraisal process. Our team members’ collected experience and specialized education allow us to be uniquely qualified to assist you in the solution of your complex appraisal problems.
Location & incentive strategies
Maximize the value of incentives to your organization through the expertise of a multi-disciplined team of site selection, financial and tax experts.
Personal property tax compliance
Stay compliant with your personal property filing deadlines. Take advantage of abatements, exemptions, and valuation opportunities.
Personal property tax consulting
Ensure you are taking advantage of abatements, exemptions, and valuation opportunities.
Personal property tax for commercial real estate
Make informed decisions with our tax data and thorough analysis of your properties to uncover unique situations that can impact your assessment.
Real property tax
Improve your real estate’s bottom line with technology-enabled real estate property tax services combined with national and local coverage.
Transaction taxes- Virginia BPOL tax services
The Business, Professional and Occupational License Tax (BPOL) is a local option tax on the privilege of doing business within a Virginia locality. Ensure that all deductions and exclusions available are taken.
Recover overpaid taxes, reduce tax liabilities and minimize future exposure by working with our sales and use tax experts
Minimize the risk of a costly unclaimed property audit. Reduce exposure and effectively manage the unclaimed property compliance requirements in all states, U.S. territories, and Canadian provinces.