Physical asset management
Make informed investment, development and operation decisions
Before you make these decisions, you need to understand how much it will cost to keep an asset in the long run.
That’s why it’s important to understand the current state of facilities and their maintenance practices – when they are tactically improved on a continuous basis it lengthens their useful life, maintaining their long-term value.
Get technical and financial guidance driven by real-world data, to help you:
- Determine an asset’s current physical condition
- Develop best practices for site operations
- Implement appropriate systems
Support informed decisions and mitigate risk with physical due diligence when acquiring a building or portfolio
Determine if it’s the right asset for you, and ultimately negotiate optimal purchase and lending conditions through:
- Reliable assessments of the physical condition of the building
- Risk analysis for greenfield projects at bid stage
- Operations, maintenance and capital estimates for the asset(s) life cycle
A great building starts with well-managed agreements
Monitor changes against the contract, and prepare for user occupancy, with:
- Thorough reviews of every change order to reduce avoidable schedule delays and cost overruns with a
- Detailed capital expenditure plans that help you plan for long-term maintenance costs
- Deliberate approach to the transition to occupancy planning
Manage your facility or portfolio using industry best practices
Optimize building performance, increasing efficiency and morale by ensuring your operating staff know what to do and when to do it. This helps you:
- Troubleshoot the root causes of incident failures to minimize disruption to end-users
- Audit energy efficiencies and plan building retrofits that effectively reduce energy costs over a short payback period
- Make informed decisions on the best approach to facility management practices
- Adhere to sustainability principles by properly assessing your building’s energy efficiencies
Stabilize your assets or justify the decision to sell or redevelop
Pre-sale physical due diligence ensures you get the most out of your building or portfolio with:
- Detailed analysis of operating, maintenance and replacement costs
- Reliable assessment of the physical condition of the building
- Measured evaluation of the potential risks of the site, the physical asset, its equipment and associated practices and processes
- Strategic advice on the long-term planning for renewals and upgrades to the asset or equipment
Reduce project risks and construction costs with sound procurement, contract and dispute resolution strategies.
Cost estimating & pro formas
Set realistic budget and development scenario expectations and maintain them.
Project & loan monitoring
Get peace of mind with accurate reporting on construction progress and cash flow from an independent project monitor.
Minimize risk and enhance control measures on infrastructure projects with impartial expert advice.
Contact a qualified expert
Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals brings a wealth of industry experience and unparalleled data-driven insights, providing the clarity you need to make informed decisions.
Informing our community
Stay current with the latest news and analysis regarding matters that impact your business and community.
Property tax management & compliance
Manage your single largest operating expense and remain compliant where you own or lease property.
Assess the market conditions affecting the demand and supply of a local commercial real estate market.
We have been hired on behalf of all parties – including government, lawyers and property owners, and are able to back-up our appraisals with expert reports and testimony during negotiations or in the case of arbitration or litigation.
Indigenous land claim property valuation
Support your reconciliation efforts with an independent valuation backed by historical data, expert opinion and testimony at negotiation meetings.
Market feasibility studies
Understand the economic viability of your development by looking at the local market forces at play.
Market research & economic advisory
Understand the viability of your next real estate project with custom research.
Get an accurate and independent understanding of the value of your property or nationwide portfolio.
Property tax assessments & appeals
Understand the valuation parameters, legislation and tax policy that drive your property’s assessment and tax liability.
Get an accurate and independent understanding of the value of your commercial property or nationwide portfolio.
Need help with more services?
Connect with us and learn how we can help you see opportunities and maximize the value of your investments.