Sound procurement, contract and dispute resolution strategies
Risks, changes, delays and disputes all impact project success.
Gain peace of mind with well-drafted contracts that properly allocate risk and provide certainty in project outcomes so you can stay on top of performance, schedule and cost matters.
Our team of experienced construction industry professionals provide insightful commercial project advice and contract solutions that help you:
- Save time and money by forecasting potential risks and working out solutions to the ones that do arise
- Mitigate risks and save on construction costs with detail-oriented procurement approaches, strategies, and development schedules
- Optimize project momentum and reduce the risk of delays by getting your schedule right from the start
- Clarify complex delay and cost claims with expert analysis and resolution using negotiation strategies backed up by a thorough review of the details
- Know whether your project is on track and rectify poor performance with a project audit or health check
Contracts that support your objectives while proactively defining risk and dispute resolution mechanisms
Whether you are purchasing a site or establishing overall delivery tactics, our team of construction contract experts will provide support so you can:
- Perform contractual due diligence
- Understand how to best procure and structure construction contracts and subcontracts
- Undertake technical overviews that ‘dot the i’s and cross the t’s’ of contract documents
- Target key timeframes with schedule benchmarking to ensure your project timeline is realistic
- Manage contracts and processes with training for your internal teams
Protect your interests with a strategic and commercial approach to contract risk, project delays, change management and disputes
With specialists assigned to assess the health of your project, you can make informed decisions and:
- Develop sound contracts that define performance criteria, reasonable contractual obligations and fair dispute resolution provisions that ensure project success
- Avoid negative cost and schedule impacts caused by invalid change orders with a detailed review to establish entitlement under the contract
- Determine the actual cause and effect of project delays with forensic analysis that fairly distributes the realistic costs to each party
- Present or defend claims with a trusted construction expert opinion supported by industry accepted analysis
- Negotiate solutions that settle disputes without costly litigation
- Identify liability for and present your case with a trusted expert opinion backed by thorough cost and schedule analysis
Construction adjudication legislation is being enacted across Canada | being prepared is half the battle
Recorded: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Duration: 39 minutes
Legislation on construction adjudication is being rolled out across Canada, and as with any new law, there are always lots of questions and grey areas. During this webinar we covered:
- An overview of provincial legislation roll-out – live or coming soon
- Lessons learned from other global markets as well as the Ontario Construction Act
- How the adjudication process works
- Potential pitfalls of adjudication and how to avoid them
- Our recommendations to help you win the adjudication battle
Keep decision makers informed with insights and data from experienced development consultants.
Cost estimating & pro formas
Set realistic budget and development scenario expectations and maintain them.
Physical asset management
Understand the current state of your facilities and their maintenance practices so you can make asset and operation decisions.
Minimize risk and enhance control measures on infrastructure projects with impartial expert advice.
Cost Escalation Report
Accurately assess construction cost escalation by trade, for better budgeting and forecasting.
Project & loan monitoring
Get peace of mind with accurate reporting on construction progress and cash flow from an independent project monitor.
Contact a qualified expert
Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals brings a wealth of industry experience and unparalleled data-driven insights, providing the clarity you need to make informed decisions.
Litigation & dispute valuation
Have a property dispute? Obtain a commercial valuation for litigation, arbitration and dispute resolutions.
Assess the market conditions affecting the demand and supply of a local commercial real estate market.
We have been hired on behalf of all parties – including government, lawyers and property owners, and are able to back-up our appraisals with expert reports and testimony during negotiations or in the case of arbitration or litigation.
Get an accurate and independent understanding of the value of your property or nationwide portfolio.
Property tax assessments & appeals
Understand the valuation parameters, legislation and tax policy that drive your property’s assessment and tax liability.
Property tax management & compliance
Manage your single largest operating expense and remain compliant where you own or lease property.
Get an accurate and independent understanding of the value of your commercial property or nationwide portfolio.
Market feasibility studies
Understand the economic viability of your development by looking at the local market forces at play.
Indigenous land claim property valuation
Support your reconciliation efforts with an independent valuation backed by historical data, expert opinion and testimony at negotiation meetings.
Need help with more services?
Connect with us and learn how we can help you see opportunities and maximize the value of your investments.