Sound procurement, contract and dispute resolution strategies
Risks, changes, delays and disputes all impact project success.
Gain peace of mind with well-drafted contracts that properly allocate risk and provide certainty in project outcomes so you can stay on top of performance, schedule and cost matters.
Our team of experienced construction industry professionals provide insightful commercial project advice and contract solutions that help you:
- Save time and money by forecasting potential risks and working out solutions to the ones that do arise
- Mitigate risks and save on construction costs with detail-oriented procurement approaches, strategies, and development schedules
- Optimize project momentum and reduce the risk of delays by getting your schedule right from the start
- Clarify complex delay and cost claims with expert analysis and resolution using negotiation strategies backed up by a thorough review of the details
- Know whether your project is on track and rectify poor performance with a project audit or health check
Contracts that support your objectives while proactively defining risk and dispute resolution mechanisms
Whether you are purchasing a site or establishing overall delivery tactics, our team of construction contract experts will provide support so you can:
- Perform contractual due diligence
- Understand how to best procure and structure construction contracts and subcontracts
- Undertake technical overviews that ‘dot the i’s and cross the t’s’ of contract documents
- Target key timeframes with schedule benchmarking to ensure your project timeline is realistic
- Manage contracts and processes with training for your internal teams
Protect your interests with a strategic and commercial approach to contract risk, project delays, change management and disputes
With specialists assigned to assess the health of your project, you can make informed decisions and:
- Develop sound contracts that define performance criteria, reasonable contractual obligations and fair dispute resolution provisions that ensure project success
- Avoid negative cost and schedule impacts caused by invalid change orders with a detailed review to establish entitlement under the contract
- Determine the actual cause and effect of project delays with forensic analysis that fairly distributes the realistic costs to each party
- Present or defend claims with a trusted construction expert opinion supported by industry accepted analysis
- Negotiate solutions that settle disputes without costly litigation
- Identify liability for and present your case with a trusted expert opinion backed by thorough cost and schedule analysis
Ontario’s new Construction Act | How developers can prepare
Ontario’s new Construction Act is the biggest change to hit our province’s development industry in over 40 years. Are you ready to meet the terms of the 28-day contractor payment deadline and new protocols for adjudication?
During this webinar we discussed:
- Key changes and impacts of the Construction Act
- Preparing to comply with new payment provisions
- How to prepare for adjudication
- Strategies to reduce the risk of a poor adjudication decision
The Bow | Calgary, Alberta
Royal Bank of Canada | The Toronto- Dominion Bank | TD Securities | The Bank of Nova Scotia | Bank of Montreal | Alberta Treasury Branches | Canadian Western Bank | H&R REIT | Matthews Development
Construction cost planning, Tender analysis, Value management, Loan monitoring, Change order management, Risk management, Delay analysis, Claims management, Tenant fit-out cost planning
The Well | Toronto, Ontario
RioCan REIT | Allied Properties | Woodbourne Canada | Deltera Inc.
Cost estimating, Cost allocation, Value engineering, Payment certification, Pro formas, Scheduling, Project monitoring
Holt Renfrew Revitalization | Vancouver, British Columbia
Holt, Renfrew & Co.
Scheduling, Procurement advisory, Permit management, Construction cost estimating, Project management, Vendor fit-out project management
Yonge & Sheppard Centre | Toronto, Ontario
RioCan | KingSeett Capital
Scheduling, Claims, Construction cost estimating, Pro formas, Stakeholder cost allocation, Value engineering, Project monitoring, Payment certification
Keep decision makers informed with insights and data from experienced development consultants.
Project & loan monitoring
Get peace of mind with accurate reporting on construction progress and cash flow from an independent project monitor.
Cost estimating & pro formas
Set realistic budget and development scenario expectations and maintain them.
Physical asset management
Understand the current state of your facilities and their maintenance practices so you can make asset and operation decisions.
Contact a qualified expert
Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals brings a wealth of industry experience and unparalleled data-driven insights, providing the clarity you need to make informed decisions.
Informing our community
Stay current with the latest news and analysis regarding matters that impact your business and community.
Construction Act – New Compliance Obligations & Dispute Resolution Opportunities
Oct 15, 2018
Obligations and opportunities presented by Ontario’s new Construction Act
Key Amendments to Ontario’s Construction Act
Oct 1, 2018
An overview of the recent and upcoming provisions Ontario’s Construction Act.
Tariffs & Construction Costs
Oct 5, 2018
Tips to manage risks and mitigate impact to your bottom line.
Litigation & dispute valuation
Have a property dispute? Obtain a commercial valuation for litigation, arbitration and dispute resolutions.
Assess the market conditions affecting the demand and supply of a local commercial real estate market.
We have been hired on behalf of all parties – including government, lawyers and property owners, and are able to back-up our appraisals with expert reports and testimony during negotiations or in the case of arbitration or litigation.
Market research & economic advisory
Understand the viability of your next real estate project with custom research.
Get an accurate and independent understanding of the value of your property or nationwide portfolio.
Property tax assessments & appeals
Understand the valuation parameters, legislation and tax policy that drive your property’s assessment and tax liability.
Property tax management & compliance
Manage your single largest operating expense and remain compliant where you own or lease property.
Get an accurate and independent understanding of the value of your commercial property or nationwide portfolio.
Market feasibility studies
Understand the economic viability of your development by looking at the local market forces at play.
Need help with more services?
Connect with us and learn how we can help you see opportunities and maximize the value of your investments.