PODCAST: The Future Retail Landscape and the Impact of Amazon HQ2
In the following podcast interview, Altus Group speaks with Paul Weinschenk, President, Retail for Peterson Companies, about a number of developments that Peterson Companies is pursuing, key retail industry trends in D.C., and the impact of Amazon HQ2 on the region.
While many foresee a softening of the retail market in the D.C. region, the reality is that there may not be a dramatic downturn. With new and expanded waterfront development, Millennials moving into the suburbs, and the positive impact that Amazon HQ2 will have on the region, the future retail landscape will remain bright, despite forecasted economic trends. With this in mind, Peterson Companies always takes a “place making” expansion strategy to remain on the forefront with developments like the Rio Washingtonian Center, Compass Creek and the National Harbor.
- Insights into the current market landscape and how a potential economic downturn will be minimal. (1:17)
- How the current retail landscape will potentially remain strong. (2:54)
- An update on the Compass Creek development and Microsoft’s recent acquisition of 332 acres in Leesburg, VA. (7:04)
- Trends with regards to Millennials and the need for “place making” to appeal to this generation. (11:53)
- The expansion of waterfront developments and the impact of Amazon HQ2 on the region. (15:35)
- How Peterson Companies is hosting its DMV Party with Altus Group and other retail players from the D.C. region. (26:27)
This podcast is part of the CRE Insider Podcast Series
Connect with us
Want to learn more? Let us know what you're interested in and one of our team members will be in touch.
Last updated on August 27th, 2019 at 04:09 pm