Get help starting and using ARGUS Enterprise
Get started using ARGUS Enterprise
Learn key features like Navigation, Viewing tabs, Creating a New Portfolio, and Creating or importing properties.
Frequently asked questions about ARGUS Enterprise
ARGUS Enterprise - Top 5 Questions
How do I add a new user to ARGUS Enteprise?
- Launch AE. NOTE: User will have to have access to the Control Panel.
- Select the Control Panel tab.
- Click Users.
- In the User License Management window, click on the last empty row to edit.
- Enter in the User ID in domain\username format.
Optional: Enter in Full Name of user.
- Check the box under the Active column.
- Assign the appropriate license(s) for the new user by checking the boxed below each corresponding column. NOTE: Assure there’s no over allocation via the Selected/Available bottom row (red highlight).
- Click OK. Your new user will now be able to login to AE.
Can I export my AE file to an earlier version?
Users on ARGUS Enterprise 11.5 & higher are able to save down their AE files for backwards compatibility. NOTE: Upon installing or upgrading to version 11.7.5, the option to export as a previous version will be limited to two versions by default.
To save down a file:
- Open the portfolio.
- Highlight the properties to be exported.
- Select Export Properties drop down.
- Click Export as ARGUS Enterprise Property Asset File.
- Navigate to the location the file is to be exported to.
- Click Save.
- Select the drop down for Export properties as.
- Select a version listed. NOTE: AE will list the last major versions.
- Select Finish
Why do I get an error when trying to run portfolio reports?
There are several settings that could cause an error when attempting to view portfolio reports. Common error codes for this issue include:
- Unable to display report catalog – Could not find a part of the path
- Unable to load report – Login failed for user ‘DOMAIN\User’
- Unable to load report – The server was not found or was not accessible
- Unable to load report – The SELECT permission was denied on the object
Login to the ARGUS community to read the full support article with troubleshooting steps.
Why do I get errors when trying to run portfolio reports and my ARGUS Enterprise is configured to deploy to SSRS?
There are different errors that can occur when attempting to view reports that have been deployed to SSRS in a network environment. Follow the instructions below depending on what the error is stating. Each error message will have a different solution.
Error Message 4: Unable to load report. Activity threw an exception: Invalid value string.
What are the ARGUS Enterprise Valuation Impact Notes?
The ARGUS Enterprise Valuation Impact Notes document the issues that were fixed in the latest ARGUS Enterprise which caused changes to valuations between latest version and previous versions.
In these notes you will find information on the fixed issues along with example screenshots, conditions that caused the issue and available workarounds.
For example, select the version the user is upgrading to. Next, select the version they are upgrading from. The resulting page will display all resolved issues that have been reported for these particular versions.
Downloading and installing
What are the installation requirements and installation guide for ARGUS Enterprise?
Click here to access the ARGUS Enterprise product documentation, installation and planning guides.
Where do I download ARGUS Enterprise?
Click here to access the download homepage for ARGUS Enterprise.
How do I move my ARGUS Enterprise installation to another computer?
To move your install to another computer you will first need to check in the license/license on the existing workstation then click here to download and run the install on the new workstation. Once the install has completed you can check out the license to activate the software.
How do I find the full version and product key/serial number of my ARGUS Enterprise product?
To find the version and product key/serial number information, open ARGUS Enterprise >Go to File tab >Go to Help tab >Application Version listed under ‘About’.
How do I check out/activate my ARGUS Enterprise license/licence?
To check out your license/licence, launch the ARGUS Enterprise Configuration Utility >Go to Licensing tab >Select Add New License >Fill out required information >Activate over the internet.
How do I check in/deactivate my ARGUS Enterprise license/licence?
To check in your license/licence, launch the AE Configuration Utility >Go to Licensing tab >Click on the license/licence box information on the right >Select ‘Check In Selected Licenses’ >Check in over the internet.
How do I refresh my ARGUS Enterprise license/licence to remove an expiry date?
To refresh your license/licence, launch the ARGUS Enterprise Configuration Utility >Go to Licensing tab >Click on the license/licence box information on the right >Select Refresh Selected Licenses. Note: If modules disappear, please select the license/licence box again to do a complete check in and check out.
How do I move my workstation license/licence to another computer?
To move your license/licence to another computer, launch the ARGUS Enterprise Configuration Utility >Go to Licensing tab >Click on the license/licence box information on the right >Select ‘Check In Selected Licenses’ >Check in over the internet. Activate the secondary computer, by launching the AE Configuration Utility and selecting Add New License.
The maintenance on my ARGUS Enterprise key expired. Who should I contact to renew my service plan?
Please contact your Account Manager if your license/licence is expired by more than 30 days. If your license/licence is expired by less than 30 days, please contact Sales Operations at 1-888-MyARGUS Option 4.
ARGUS Enterprise On Demand
How do I add a new user to an existing AOD account?
To add a new user to your ARGUS Enterprise On Demand account, complete the following steps:
- Log in to ARGUS On Demand.
- Select the account name in upper right corner.
- Click Manage Users from pick list.The resulting page will display current user list.
- Click the Add User button.
NOTE: Only the AOD Client Administrator can add a new user and manage subscriptions on the account. The user who initially created the ARGUS On Demand account is automatically granted the Client Administrator role.
- Complete all fields in the resulting Add User window.
- Click Add User. The new user displays as enabled in the user list
NOTE: A verification email will be sent to the the email address provided for the new user. The new user must confirm the account and create a password in order to sign in to the ARGUS On Demand Account. The verification email can be resent by the Client Administrator if necessary.
What are the Access Preference options I see when signing up for ARGUS on Demand ?
ARGUS on Demand provides two access options via the deployment of ARGUS Enterprise 11.7.2:
- ARGUS Remote Client connection
- Citrix connection
An ARGUS Remote Client allows Windows-based users access to ARGUS Enterprise without logging into ARGUS On Demand or downloading Citrix. This connection allows access to additional ARGUS Enterprise functionality that cannot be delivered via Citrix.
NOTE: This feature is not compatible with Mac OS.
A Citrix connection is a deployment solution that is required to launch the product and recommended for Mac users or users have certain limitations with downloading applications to their machine.
If using an ARGUS Remote Client connection, the Access Option can be updated at any time to a Citrix connection (or vice versa) via Application Settings. All users assigned to the account will use the same access option.
NOTE: A maximum of 6 updates can be made to the Access Options, after which, further changes will be prohibited.
When I try to import a local file or export a file, I am unable to browse to my local computer and receive an error?
There are two causes of this error message:
- The application has not been granted full access to the local computer
- The incorrect local drives have been selected.
Granting Application Full Access To Local Computer
When first launching ARGUS On Demand, you will need to allow access to your local computer. For the following prompts, please be sure to select Permit Use/Permit all access.
1. When first launching the application, select Permit Use when prompted.
2. Once inside the application, when browsing to file location, a prompt will appear.
3. Select Permit all access.
Once full access has been granted, local drives will be available to select. NOTE: If Block Access was selected at any point, and error will appear: “Windows cannot access \\Client\C$”. Access will need to be modified within the Citrix Connection Center.
Browsing to Local Drives
Please follow the steps below to browse to local files:
1. Expand This PC.
2. Expand the Local Disk (C: on <yourcomputername>).
3. Click Users.
4. Click the folder with the <username> currently logged in as.
5. Click the Desktop folder or any other local folder to start browsing for local files.
What types of administrative roles are there with ARGUS on Demand?
There are two different types of Administrative roles in ARGUS On Demand:
- AOD Client Administrator
- ARGUS Enterprise Administrator
AOD Client Administrator
The user who initially created the ARGUS On Demand account is automatically granted the Client Administrator role, assigned a subscription to the product(s) purchased and is assigned to the Administrator Group in ARGUS Enterprise (if a subscription to ARGUS Enterprise has been purchased).
- The Client Administrator can:
- Purchase additional products and subscriptions (self-service accounts only)
- View invoices
- Update the credit card on the account (self-service accounts only)
- Create new users in ARGUS On Demand
- Assign available subscriptions for ARGUS products to users
- Disable/Enable existing users (Manage Users page)
- Delete existing users from ARGUS On Demand
- Give Client Administrator rights to another user
- Start the process to Update the current products to a new version
- Control Application Settings
ARGUS Enterprise Administrator
AE Administrator rights are granted within the AE application.
The user who initially created the ARGUS On Demand account is automatically assigned to the Administrator Group in ARGUS Enterprise and has all system rights and permissions within the application.
If additional users are added to the ARGUS On Demand account, their role within the application is set to AE User by default.
NOTE: In order to grant rights within the application, the ARGUS On Demand user must have an active subscription assigned and must have AOD Administrator rights OR have been assigned the role of AE Administrator by another AOD Administrator.
Find 1,500+ helpful articles in the ARGUS community
Login or register to the ARGUS Customer Community to manage support cases, ask questions through live chat, search the in-depth knowledge base and engage with other ARGUS users through discussion boards.