Our senior advisors are located in communities across Canada and around the world, and possess an exceptional depth of public sector knowledge and substantial consultation experience. Our professionals are supported by a highly specialized, multi-disciplinary group of consultants and researchers, enabling us to assemble a team that offers the highest standard of advice to meet the specific demands of the most complicated projects and mandates.
Governments and other public sector organizations fulfill sometimes disparate roles that include: acting as a land-use regulator or as a significant developer of space, as well as acting as both a landlord and a tenant. The struggle to make fiscally responsible real estate decisions, while ensuring the public interest is maintained, requires specialized and independent advice.
Altus Group’s public sector clients range from senior levels of government to local municipalities, institutions and agencies; we appreciate that no two clients have the same advisory requirements.
Whatever the specific challenges, our experts understand the complexities of the environment in which our clients operate. We are recognized as market leaders in providing accurate and innovative analysis of issues affecting the real property decisions of the public sector, and we pride ourselves on providing a high level of service to our clients. We ensure that our reports are consistent, transparent and able to stand up to public scrutiny – qualities we believe are of utmost importance.
Our work includes:
- Asset strategy and master planning
- Best practices and benchmarking
- Cost consulting, infrastructure and capital planning
- Due diligence
- Financial analysis
- First Nations land claims
- Highest and best use, option analysis and alternative use
- Litigation support and expert witness
- Market surveys
- Market research, economic consulting
- Market surveys
- Market research, economic consulting and opportunity analysis
- Operational review, procedures and governance
- Portfolio strategy, site selection and business case
- Property tax, PILT analysis and municipal finance
- Valuation – industrial, commercial, land, portfolio and special use