Property Tax Specialist, Energy & Industrial Property Tax Consulting (Calgary, AB)
Altus Group has an immediate opening for a Property Tax Specialist within our Energy & Industrial Property Tax Consulting business unit in Calgary, AB.
The Property Tax Specialist will be responsible for the collection, data entry, analysis and organization of property assessment, tax, and operating data which is to be used in the provision of property assessment and tax consulting services in the Oil & Gas and Heavy Industrial areas.
- Continuously developing and upgrading the level of knowledge regarding property assessment and the oil & gas industry;
- Entering data, preparing schedules, budgets, tax impact analysis, assessment analysis and providing tax payment advice and communicating with clients as directed;
- Ensuring in a proactive manner that all necessary property data for client properties needed to provide assessment and tax consulting services is obtained and organized in a timely matter;
- Providing a full range of property assessment and tax consulting services to new and existing clients;
- Maintaining ongoing client communication and resolve any issues. Escalating issues to next level of management as appropriate;
- Assisting in the preparation of analysis or project tracking reports using standard software such as Excel, Word, Access, Altus Tools or other appropriate software;
- Ensuring data collected as part of on-going assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion;
- Continuously upgrading the level of knowledge regarding property assessment and taxation practices and procedures and legislation;
- Taking on responsibility for ensuring legislated deadlines for the filing of reports, appeals, provision of required data, reporting to clients, etc. are met, with a minimum of supervision.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Commerce, Petroleum Land Management, Construction, or other related disciplines;
- Working towards an appropriate designation with the a Provincial Assessment Association, the University of British Columbia Real Estate Division (Sauder) or a similar recognized real estate association such as the Alberta Assessors Association;
- 1-2 years of work experience in an office environment;
- Basic understanding of the property assessment and tax consulting and advisory industry;
- Good skills in assessment and tax analysis;
- Good research, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to enter data with accuracy and completeness;
- Good communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to takes initiative and be resourceful;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated with high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics;
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships;
- Focused on delivering high levels of quality with respect to work and services to clients (Internal and external);
- Ability to work flexible business hours.
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent commercial real estate consulting and advisory services, software and data solutions. We operate five interrelated Business Units, bringing together years of experience and a broad range of expertise into one comprehensive platform: Research, Valuation and Advisory; ARGUS Software; Property Tax Consulting; Cost Consulting and Project Management and Geomatics. Our suite of services and software enables clients to analyze, gain insight and recognize value on their real estate investments.
Enthusiastic individuals interested in applying for this position are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Property Tax Specialist, Energy & Industrial Property Tax Consulting, CALGARY” in the subject line.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.