Analyst, Research, Valuation and Advisory (Toronto, ON)
Altus Group has an immediate opening for an Analyst in our Land Group within our Research, Valuation and Advisory business unit in Toronto, ON.
The Analyst will research and prepare analysis or portions of appraisal reports as directed by the Sr. Analyst, Consultant, Sr. Consultant or Director, to be used in the valuation process.
- Conducting research and collecting data from both internal database and third party sources with respect to real estate listings, market rental rates, comparable land and building transactions, municipally permitted land-use & approvals process and general market knowledge;
- Preparing accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal / external partners along with industry standard software;
- Ensuring data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion;
- In partnership with the Sr. Analyst, Consultant, Sr. Consultant or Director, performing property inspections;
- Continuously upgrading the level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- University Degree in a related discipline;
- Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada;
- Maintain Candidate status with the AIC and complete minimum of two (2) of the required courses towards designation;
- Related work experience;
- Good skills in creating financial modeling in MS Excel, etc.;
- Good research, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Good understanding of the land development and approvals process;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Good communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful;
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics;
- Willingness to travel locally;
- Clean driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle; and,
- Availability to work flexible hours.
Altus Group Limited is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software, and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. All of our five core practices – Research, Valuation and Advisory, ARGUS Software, Property Tax Consulting, Cost Consulting and Project Management, and Geomatics – embody and reflect decades of experience, a broad range of expertise, and leading edge technology. Our offerings empower clients to analyze, gain insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our clients include some of the world’s largest real estate industry participants, spread across a broad variety of sectors.
Enthusiastic individuals interested in applying for this position are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting 3002015080 Analyst in the subject line.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.